- You will get an error message while installing/updating Microsoft office 2013/2010/365.
- Your system might hang or freeze during installation.
- Files takes lot of time to open.
- Corrupt Previous office installation.
- DNS Connectivity issue.
- Lack of computer Maintenance
Operation System Information :
This error can occur in following version of Microsoft Operating System : Windows 8/8.1 , Windows 7 , Windows Vista , Windows XP , Windows ME , Windows 2000
Repair Difficulty : Difficult
Follow the instructions given below to resolve the issue.
Step 1: Remove Traces of Previous Installation
1) Download “Fix it” Tool from Microsoft Windows Website. Download Url: http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=9815935
2) Window will Pop up to save the file.
Note: File Name will generally be O15CTRRemove.
3) Open the tool and follow the onscreen instructions.
4) After the Fix it tool is done , try Re-installing office 2013/2010/365 again.
Step 2: Temporarily Disable Antivirus
1) Open Your Antivirus software
2) Disable it till the office 2013/2010/365 installation is going on. Check vendor website for more details.
For Disabling Kaspersky Internet Suite :
1) Right Click on Kaspersky icon in system Tray
2) Click on “Pause Protection”
3) Select “By User Request”
Note: You should enable the Antivirus after MS office installation is complete.
Step 3 : Disable Windows Firewall
For Windows 7 :
1) Open Control Panel Window (Click Start and press ”Control Panel” Button on Right Side)
2) In Control Panel , type firewall in the search box and click on “Windows Firewall”.
3) On left hand side you will find “Turn Windows Firewall on or off”
Warning: If you are logged in as Normal user you will be asked to
4) Finally Click on “Turn off Windows Firewall (not recommended)” under each of the active network connections.
Step 4: Try Office installation Again.
In case the error still persists after following above steps , that means there is critical issue with your system and needs to be looked by an expert.
For any support and queries regarding Error Code 15-14, Chat with an Agent, we are available 24/7.