This error can occur with the following versions of Microsoft Windows Operating System:
- Windows 8/8.1
- Windows 7
- Windows 10
- Windows Vista
- Windows Server Edition (2008/2012)
The error is found in following version of Microsoft Office
- Office 2010
- Office 2013
- Office 2016
- Office 365
How To Fix error 17031
Repair Difficulty : Medium
Step 1: Disable Windows Firewall
For Windows 7 and later
1) Click Start Button or Press Win key and in right pane Click on Control Panel.
2) In Control Panel Window, Open “Windows Firewall”.
3) On left hand side you will find “Turn Windows Firewall on or off”
Note: If you are logged in as Normal user you may be asked to
4) Click on “Turn off Windows Firewall (not recommended)” under each of the active network connections.
Warning: You can activate Windows Firewall after repair is complete.
Step 2: Proxy Issue
1) Open Control Panel.
Windows 7 : Click On Start and then Click On Cotrol Panel from Right Pane.
Microsoft Windows 8 : Press Windows key + R and type “Control” and Press Enter.
2) In Control Panel Click on “Internet Options”.
3) Click On Connections Tab and then Choose LAN Setting.
4) Turn off “Use a proxy server for your LAN” if its already ON.
Uninstall Office Installation
1) Press Win Button and Type Control Panel and Press Enter.
2) In Control Panel , type “Program” in the search box and click on “Program and Features”..
3) Click on your Office installation
4) Select Uninstall and follow the onscreen steps.|
Step 3: Run System Scan
1) Press Win + R
2) Type “cmd” and Press Enter.
3) Type “sfc /scannow” and press enter.
Step 3:Check Sysytem Files For Error
1) Press Windows + R
2) Type Cleanmgr and Press Enter.
3) Select the OS Drive and Press OK.
4) Finally Click on Clean up System Files
Step 4: Try the installation again.
In most case error 17031 should be resolved by now, if however the problem still persists please get your system checked by an expert.
If you still need any help , Chat with our Technical Support Team to resolve the issue.