This error can occur with the following versions of Microsoft Windows Operating System:
- Windows 8/8.1
- Windows 7
- Windows 10
- Windows Vista
- Windows Server Edition (2008/2012)
The error is found in following version of MS Office
- Office 2007
- Office 2013
- Office 2016
- Office 365
How To Fix Office 2013 error code 17031
Repair Difficulty : Medium
Step 1: Disable Windows Firewall
For Microsoft Windows 8
1) Press Win Button and Type Control Panel and Press Enter.
2) In Control Panel , type firewall in the search box and click on Windows Firewall.
3) On left hand side you will find “Turn Windows Firewall on or off”
Warning: You will need Administrator privileges to enable or disable firewall.
Off Windows Firewall and Press “OK” Button.
Step 2: Repair Previous Office 365 Installation
1) Press “Win+R” button and Type “Control” followed by Enter key.
2) Open Program and Features from Control Panel Window.
3) Select your Office Installation from the list
4) Click on “Change” Button.
5) Select Repair and click Next.
Step 3: Temporarily Disable Antivirus
– Open Your Antivrus
– Disable it till the office repair is going on. Check antivirus vendor website for more details.
1) Press Win key + Q. A search box will show up on right pane.Type Control in the box and press Enter.
2) Open “Program and Features” from Control Panel .
3) Type “Office” in the Search box and select your office installation.
4) Click on Uninstall and follow the steps.|
Step 3: Check System Integrity
1) Press Windows + R
2) Type cmd and Press Enter.
3) Type “sfc /scannow” and press enter.
Note: You will need Administrator rights to run the command.
Step 4: Try the installation again.
In most case Office 2013 error code 17031 should be resolved by now, if however the problem still persists please get your system checked by an expert.
If you still need any help , Chat with our Technical Support Team to resolve the issue.