This error can occur with the following versions of Microsoft Windows Operating System:
- Windows 8/8.1
- Windows 7
- Windows 10
- Windows Vista
- Windows Server Edition (2008/2012)
The error is found in following version of Microsoft Office
- Office 2007
- Office 2013
- Office 2016
- Office 365
How To Fix Office 2016 error code 1706
Repair Difficulty : High
Step 1: Disable Windows Firewall
For Microsoft Windows 8
1) Press “Windows Key + R” and Type “Firewall.cpl” and Press Enter.
2) Windows 8 Firewall Window will Open.
3) On left hand side you will find “Turn Windows Firewall on or off”
Warning: You will need Administrator privileges to enable or disable firewall.
4) Finally Click on “Turn off Windows Firewall (not recommended)” under each of the active network connections.
Step 2: Temporarily turn off Proxy Settings
1) Open Control Panel.
Windows 7 : Press Win Key and then Click On Cotrol Panel from Right window.
Microsoft Windows 8 : Press Windows Key + Q and Type “Control” And Click on it.
2) In Control Panel Click on “Internet Options”.
3) Click On Connections Tab and then Press LAN Setting.
4) Uncheck “Use a proxy server for your LAN” if its already ON.
Uninstall Old office Installation
1) Press Win+R button and Type “Control” followed by Enter key.
2) In Control Panel , type “Program” in the search box and click on “Program and Features”..
3) Click on your Office installation
4) Click on Uninstall and follow the instructions.|
Step 3: Repair System Files
1) Press Win + R
2) Type cmd and Press Enter.
3) Type “sfc /scannow” and press enter.
Note: If you are logged in as Normal user you may be asked to enter Admin Password
Step 4: Try the installation again.
In most case Office 2016 error code 1706 should be resolved by now, if however the problem still persists please get your system checked by an expert.
If you still need any help , Chat with our Technical Support Team to resolve the issue.