This error can occur with the following versions of Microsoft Windows Operating System:
- Windows 8/8.1
- Windows 7
- Windows 10
- Windows Vista
- Windows Server Edition (2008/2012)
The error is found in following version of MS Office
- Office 2010
- Office 2013
- Office 2016
- Office 365
How To Fix Office 365 error 17029
Repair Difficulty : Medium
Step 1: Disable Firewall
For Windows 7 and later
1) Press “Win + R” and Type “Firewall.cpl” and Press Enter.
2) Windows Firewall Window will Open.
3) Press “Turn Windows Firewall on or off”
Warning: If you are logged in as Normal user you will be asked to enter Admin Password
4) Click on “Turn off Windows Firewall (not recommended)” under each of the active network connections.
Note: Please Activate Microsoft Windows Firewall after repair is complete.
Step 2: Proxy Issue
1) Goto Control Panel.
Microsoft Windows 7 : Press Win Key and then Select Cotrol Panel from Right Pane.
Microsoft Windows 8 : Press Windows Key + Q and Type “Control” And Click on it.
2) Open “Internet Options” In Control Panel Window.
3) Click On Connections Tab and then Click On LAN Setting.
4) Uncheck “Use a proxy server for your LAN” if its switched ON.
Uninstall Office Installation
1) Press Win key + Q. A search box will come up on right hand side.Type Control in the box and press Enter.
2) In Control Panel , type “Program” in the search box and click on Program and Features..
3) Click on your Office installation
4) Select Uninstall and follow the onscreen steps.|
Step 3: Check System Integrity
1) Press Windows + R
2) Type “cmd” and Press Enter.
3) Type “sfc /scannow” and press enter.
Note: If you are logged in as Normal user you will be asked to login as Administrator.
Step 4: Try the installation again.
In most case Office 365 error 17029 should be resolved by now, if however the problem still persists please get your system checked by an expert.
If you still need any help , Chat with our Technical Support Team to resolve the issue.