This error can occur with the following versions of Microsoft Windows Operating System:
- Windows 8/8.1
- Windows 7
- Windows 10
- Windows Vista
- Windows Server Edition (2008/2012)
The error is found in following version of MS Office
- Office 2007
- Office 2013
- Office 2016
- Office 365
How To Fix Office 365 error 905
Repair Difficulty : High
Step 1: Disable Windows Firewall
For Microsoft Windows 7 and later
1) Press “Win + R” and Type “Firewall.cpl” and Press Enter.
2) Windows Firewall Window will Open.
3) On left hand side you will find “Turn Windows Firewall on or off”
Note: You will need Administrator rights to enable or disable Windows firewall.
4) Click “Turn Off Windows Firewall” under each network location and then Click “OK”
Note: Please Activate Microsoft Windows Firewall after installation is complete.
Step 2: Proxy Setting
1) Open Control Panel.
Windows 7 : Press Win Key and then Click On Cotrol Panel from Right window.
Windows 8 : Press Windows Key + Q and Type “Control” And Click on it.
2) In Search Box Type Internet and Click on “Internet Options”.
3) Click On Connections Tab and then Click On LAN Setting.
4) Uncheck “Use a proxy server for your LAN” if its already ON.
Step 3: Uninstall Previous Office Installation
1) Press Windows Button and Type Control Panel and Press Enter.
2) Open Program and Features from Control Panel .
3) Click on your Office installation
4) Press Uninstall and follow the steps.|
Step 3: Check System Integrity
1) Press Win + R
2) Type “cmd” and Press Enter.
3) Type “sfc /scannow” and press enter.
Note: You will need Administrator previlage to run the command.
Step 4: Try the installation again.
In most case Office 365 error 905 should be resolved by now, if however the problem still persists please get your system checked by an expert.
If you still need any help , Chat with our Technical Support Team to resolve the issue.