This error can occur with the following versions of Microsoft Windows Operating System:
- Windows 8/8.1
- Windows 7
- Windows 10
- Windows Vista
- Windows Server Edition (2008/2012)
The error is found in following version of Microsoft Office
- Office 2010
- Office 2013
- Office 2016
- Office 365
How To Fix Office code 17031
Repair Difficulty : Low
Step 1: Disable Firewall
For Windows 8
1) Press Win Button and Type “Control Panel” and Press Enter.
2) In Control Panel Window, type firewall in the search box and click on Windows Firewall.
3) Click On “Turn Windows Firewall on or off”
Warning: If you are logged in as Guest user you will be asked to
4) Finally Click on “Turn off Windows Firewall (not recommended)” under each of the active network connections.
Step 2: Repair Previous Office 365 Installation
1) Press Win key + Q. A search box will show up on right pane.Type Control in the box and press Enter.
2) Open “Program and Features” from Control Panel .
3) Choose your Office installation
4) Click on “Change” and Select “Repair” from the options and follow onscreen instructions.
Uninstall Old office Installation
1) Press Win Button and Type Control Panel and Press Enter.
2) Open Program and Features from Control Panel Window.
3) Click on your Office installation
4) Click on Uninstall and follow the onscreen instructions.|
Step 3: Run System Scan
1) Press Win + R
2) Type “cmd” and Press Enter.
3) Type “sfc /scannow” and press enter.
Note: You will need Administrator previlage to run the sfc command.
Step 4: Try the installation again.
In most case Office code 17031 should be resolved by now, if however the problem still persists please get your system checked by an expert.
If you still need any help , Chat with our Technical Support Team to resolve the issue.