- You will be getting an error pop up windows.
- Microsoft installation will abruptly stop.
- PC performance will become slow.
- DNS Propagation Conflict.
- Corrupt DLL Files (Windows/Office)
- Virus/Adware issue.
Operation System Information :
This error can occur in following version of Microsoft Operating System :
- Windows 8/8.1
- Windows 7
- Windows NT/ME
Repair Difficulty : Medium
Step 1 : Uninstall Previous Edition of Microsoft Office (If installing fresh version you can skip this step )
1) Press Win Button and Type Control Panel and Press Enter.
2) In Control Panel Window, Open Program and Features..
3) Click on your Office installation
4) Select Uninstall and follow the instructions.
Step 2 : Clear Temporary Internet Files
1) Press Windows + R
2) Type Cleanmgr and Press Enter.
3) Select the OS Drive and Press ok.
4) Finally Click on Clean up System Files
Step 3 : Disable Windows Firewall
For Windows 8 Follow these steps
1) Press Win+R button and Type ”Control” followed by Enter key.
2) In Control Panel , Open ”Windows Firewall”.
3) On left hand side you will find ”Turn Windows Firewall on or off”
Warning: You will need Admin previlage to disable Windows firewall.
4) Under “Home or Work Network Location Settings” And “Public Network Location Settings” Click On “Turn Off Windows Firewall”
Step 4: Try installing Microsoft Office again.
Error Code 408-4 should be resolved by following above steps. If however the problem still persists , that means one or more program is conflicting with Microsoft office installation and it needs to be looked up an expert.
If you still need any help , Chat with our Technical Support Team to resolve the issue.