This error can occur with the following versions of Microsoft Windows Operating System:
- Windows 8/8.1
- Windows 7
- Windows 10
- Windows Vista
- Windows Server Edition (2008/2012)
The error is found in following version of Microsoft Office
- Office 2010
- Office 2013
- Office 2016
- Office 365
How To Fix error 17029
Repair Difficulty : High
Step 1: Disable Firewall
For Microsoft Windows 8
1) Press “Win + R” and Type “Firewall.cpl” and Press Enter.
2) Microsoft Windows 8 Firewall Window will Open.
3) Press “Turn Windows Firewall on or off”
Note: If you are logged in as Normal user you will be asked to enter Admin Password
Off Windows Firewall and Press “OK” Button.
Step 2: Check Proxy Setting Issue
1) Goto Control Panel.
Microsoft Windows 7 : Press Win Key and then Select Cotrol Panel from Right Pane.
Microsoft Windows 8 : Press Windows Key + Q and Type “Control” And Click on it.
2) Click On “Internet Options” In Control Panel Window.
3) Select Connections Tab and then Choose LAN Setting.
4) Turn off “Use a proxy server for your LAN” if its switched ON.
Step 3: Uninstall Previous Office Installation
1) Press Win Button and Type “Control Panel” and Press Enter.
2) Open “Program and Features” from Control Panel Window.
3) Click on your Office installation
4) Select Uninstall and follow the steps.|
Step 3: Check System Integrity
1) Press Win + R
2) Type “cmd” and Press Enter.
3) Type “sfc /scannow” and press enter.
Note: If you are logged in as Guest user you will be asked to login as Administrator.
Step 4: Try the installation again.
In most case error 17029 should be resolved by now, if however the problem still persists please get your system checked by an expert.
If you still need any help , Chat with our Technical Support Team to resolve the issue.