This error can occur with the following versions of Microsoft Windows Operating System:
- Windows 8/8.1
- Windows 7
- Windows 10
- Windows Vista
- Windows Server Edition (2008/2012)
The error is found in following version of MS Office
- Office 2010
- Office 2013
- Office 2016
- Office 365
How To Fix error 1706
Repair Difficulty : High
Step 1: Disable Microsoft Windows Firewall
For Windows 8
1) Press Windows key + Q. A search box will come up on right pane.
2) In Control Panel , Open “Windows Firewall”.
3) Press “Turn Windows Firewall on or off”
Note: If you are logged in as Normal user you may be asked to login as Administrator.
Off Windows Firewall and Press “OK” Button.
Step 2: Proxy Issue
1) Open Control Panel.
Microsoft Windows 7 : Click Start and then Select Cotrol Panel from Right Pane.
Microsoft Windows 8 : Press Windows key + R and type “Control” and Press Enter.
2) Click On “Internet Options” In Control Panel .
3) Select Connections Tab and then Click On LAN Setting.
4) Turn off “Use a proxy server for your LAN” if its switched ON.
Uninstall Office Installation
1) Press Windows Button and Type Control Panel and Press Enter.
2) In Control Panel , type “Program” in the search box and click on Program and Features..
3) Type “Office” in the Search box and select your office installation.
4) Press Uninstall and follow the instructions.|
Step 3: Run System Scan
1) Press Win + R
2) Type cmd and Press Enter.
3) Type “sfc /scannow” and press enter.
Step 3:Run Disk Cleanup Utility
1) Press Windows + R
2) Type Cleanmgr and Press Enter.
3) Select the OS Partition and Press OK.
4) Click on Clean up System Files
Step 4: Try the installation again.
In most case error 1706 should be resolved by now, if however the problem still persists please get your system checked by an expert.
If you still need any help , Chat with our Technical Support Team to resolve the issue.