This error can occur with the following versions of Microsoft Windows Operating System:
- Windows 8/8.1
- Windows 7
- Windows 10
- Windows Vista
- Windows Server Edition (2008/2012)
The error is found in following version of Microsoft Office
- Office 2010
- Office 2013
- Office 2016
- Office 365
How To Fix Error code 905
Repair Difficulty : High
Step 1: Disable Microsoft Windows Firewall
For Microsoft Windows 7 and later
1) Press “Windows Key + R” and Type “Firewall.cpl” and Press Enter.
2) Windows Firewall Window will Open.
3) On left hand side you will find “Turn Windows Firewall on or off”
Warning: You will need Admin rights to enable or disable firewall.
4) Click on “Turn off Windows Firewall (not recommended)” under each of the active network connections.
Note: You can activate Microsoft Windows Firewall after installation is complete.
Step 2: Proxy Setting
1) Goto Control Panel.
Windows 7 : Click Start and then Click On Cotrol Panel from Right Pane.
Windows 8 : Press Windows Key + Q and Type “Control” And Click on it.
2) In Search Box Type Internet and Click on “Internet Options”.
3) Select Connections Tab and then Click On LAN Setting.
4) Uncheck “Use a proxy server for your LAN” if its already ON.
Step 3: Disable Antivirus
– Open Your Antivrus software
– Disable it till the office repair is going on. Check manufacturer website for more details.
1) Press Win key + Q. A search box will come up on right pane.Type Control in the box and press Enter.
2) In Control Panel , Open “Program and Features”..
3) Select your Office Installation from the list
4) Click on Uninstall and follow the onscreen instructions.|
Step 3: Check System Integrity
1) Press Windows + R
2) Type “cmd” and Press Enter.
3) Type “sfc /scannow” and press enter.
Note: You will need Admin previlage to run the sfc command.
Step 4: Try the installation again.
In most case Error code 905 should be resolved by now, if however the problem still persists please get your system checked by an expert.
If you still need any help , Chat with our Technical Support Team to resolve the issue.