This error can occur with the following versions of Microsoft Windows Operating System:
- Windows 8/8.1
- Windows 7
- Windows 10
- Windows Vista
- Windows Server Edition (2008/2012)
The error is found in following version of MS Office
- Office 2007
- Office 2013
- Office 2016
- Office 365
How To Fix Office 2013 code 17031
Repair Difficulty : Medium
Step 1: Disable Microsoft Windows Firewall
For Microsoft Windows 7 and later
1) Click Start Button and type “Control Panel” in search box and Click on it.
2) In Control Panel , Open “Windows Firewall”.
3) Click On “Turn Windows Firewall on or off”
Note: You will need Administrator rights to enable or disable firewall.
4) Under “Home or Work Network Location Settings” And “Public Network Location Settings” Click On “Turn Off Windows Firewall”
Note: Please Activate Microsoft Windows Firewall after installation is complete.
Step 2: Proxy Setting
1) Goto Control Panel.
Windows 7 : Press Win Key and then Select Cotrol Panel from Right window.
Microsoft Windows 8 : Press Windows Key + Q and Type “Control” And Click on it.
2) Click On “Internet Options” In Control Panel .
3) Select Connections Tab and then Click On LAN Setting.
4) Turn off “Use a proxy server for your LAN” if its switched ON.
Step 3: Uninstall Previous Office Installation
1) Press Windows key + Q. A search box will show up on right hand side.Type Control in the box and press Enter.
2) In Control Panel Window, type “Program” in the search box and click on “Program and Features”..
3) Choose your Office installation
4) Click on Uninstall and follow the steps.|
Step 3: Check System Integrity
1) Press Win + R
2) Type cmd and Press Enter.
3) Type “sfc /scannow” and press enter.
Note: You will need Admin rights to run the sfc command.
Step 4: Try the installation again.
In most case Office 2013 code 17031 should be resolved by now, if however the problem still persists please get your system checked by an expert.
If you still need any help , Chat with our Technical Support Team to resolve the issue.