This error can occur with the following versions of Microsoft Windows Operating System:
- Windows 8/8.1
- Windows 7
- Windows 10
- Windows Vista
- Windows Server Edition (2008/2012)
The error is found in following version of Microsoft Office
- Office 2010
- Office 2013
- Office 2016
- Office 365
How To Fix Office 2013 code 905
Repair Difficulty : Medium
Step 1: Disable Windows Firewall
For Windows 8
1) Press Windows Button and Type Control Panel and Press Enter.
2) In Control Panel Window, type firewall in the search box and click on Windows Firewall.
3) Press “Turn Windows Firewall on or off”
Note: You will need Admin privileges to disable Windows firewall.
Off Windows Firewall and Press “OK” Button.
Step 2: Repair Previous Office 365 Installation
1) Press Win+R button and Type “Control” followed by Enter key.
2) In Control Panel Window, Click on Program and Features..
3) Type “Office” in the Search box and select your office installation.
4) Click on “Change” Button.
5) Select Repair and click Next.
Step 3: Temporarily Disable Antivirus
– Open Your Antivrus
– Disable it till the office repair is going on. Check antivirus manufacturer website for more details.
1) Press Win Button and Type Control Panel and Press Enter.
2) Open “Program and Features” from Control Panel Window.
3) Click on your Office installation
4) Press Uninstall and follow the instructions.|
Step 3: Check System Integrity
1) Press Win + R
2) Type cmd and Press Enter.
3) Type “sfc /scannow” and press enter.
Note: You will need Administrator previlage to run the command.
Step 4: Try the installation again.
In most case Office 2013 code 905 should be resolved by now, if however the problem still persists please get your system checked by an expert.
If you still need any help , Chat with our Technical Support Team to resolve the issue.