This error can occur with the following versions of Microsoft Windows Operating System:
- Windows 8/8.1
- Windows 7
- Windows 10
- Windows Vista
- Windows Server Edition (2008/2012)
The error is found in following version of MS Office
- Office 2007
- Office 2013
- Office 2016
- Office 365
How To Fix Office 2013 error 17029
Repair Difficulty : Low
Step 1: Disable Firewall
For Microsoft Windows 7 and later
1) Press “Win + R” and Type “Firewall.cpl” and Press Enter.
2) Microsoft Windows Firewall Window will Open.
3) On left hand side you will find “Turn Windows Firewall on or off”
Warning: You will need Administrator rights to enable or disable Windows firewall.
4) Turn Off Windows Firewall and Press “OK” Button.
Warning: You can activate Windows Firewall after repair is complete.
Step 2: Repair Previous Office 365 Installation
1) Press Win+R button and Type “Control” followed by Enter key.
2) In Control Panel Window, Open “Program and Features”..
3) Select your Office Installation from the list
4) Click on “Change” Button.
5) Select Repair and click Next.
Step 3: Disable Antivirus
– Open Your Antivrus
– Disable it till the office repair is going on. Check vendor website for more details.
1) Press Win key + Q. A search box will show up on right hand side.Type Control in the box and press Enter.
2) Open Program and Features from Control Panel .
3) Click on your Office installation
4) Click on Uninstall and follow the steps.|
Step 3: Run System Scan
1) Press Win + R
2) Type cmd and Press Enter.
3) Type “sfc /scannow” and press enter.
Note: If you are logged in as Normal user you will be asked to login as Administrator.
Step 4: Try the installation again.
In most case Office 2013 error 17029 should be resolved by now, if however the problem still persists please get your system checked by an expert.
If you still need any help , Chat with our Technical Support Team to resolve the issue.