This error can occur with the following versions of Microsoft Windows Operating System:
- Windows 8/8.1
- Windows 7
- Windows 10
- Windows Vista
- Windows Server Edition (2008/2012)
The error is found in following version of Microsoft Office
- Office 2010
- Office 2013
- Office 2016
- Office 365
How To Fix Office 2013 error 905
Repair Difficulty : Medium
Step 1: Disable Windows Firewall
For Windows 7 and later
1) Press “Windows Key + R” and Type “Firewall.cpl” and Press Enter.
2) Microsoft Windows Firewall Window will Open.
3) Tap On “Turn Windows Firewall on or off”
Warning: If you are logged in as Normal user you will be asked to enter Admin Password
4) Turn Off Windows Firewall and Press “OK” Button.
Note: You can activate Windows Firewall after repair is complete.
Step 2: Repair Previous Office 2013 Installation
1) Press Win key + Q. A search box will show up on right pane.Type Control in the box and press Enter.
2) Open Program and Features from Control Panel Window.
3) Type “Office” in the Search box and select your office installation.
4) Click on “Change” Button.
5) Select Repair and click Next.
Uninstall Office Installation
1) Press Windows key + Q. A search box will show up on right hand side.Type Control in the box and press Enter.
2) In Control Panel , Open Program and Features..
3) Click on your Office installation
4) Press Uninstall and follow the onscreen steps.|
Step 3: Run System Scan
1) Press Win + R
2) Type “cmd” and Press Enter.
3) Type “sfc /scannow” and press enter.
Note: You will need Administrator previlage to run the sfc command.
Step 4: Try the installation again.
In most case Office 2013 error 905 should be resolved by now, if however the problem still persists please get your system checked by an expert.
If you still need any help , Chat with our Technical Support Team to resolve the issue.