This error can occur with the following versions of Microsoft Windows Operating System:
- Windows 8/8.1
- Windows 7
- Windows 10
- Windows Vista
- Windows Server Edition (2008/2012)
The error is found in following version of MS Office
- Office 2010
- Office 2013
- Office 2016
- Office 365
How To Fix Office 2016 code 17031
Repair Difficulty : High
Step 1: Disable Firewall
For Windows 7 and later
1) Press “Windows Key + R” and Type “Firewall.cpl” and Press Enter.
2) Windows Firewall Window will Open.
3) On left panel you will find “Turn Windows Firewall on or off”
Note: If you are logged in as Normal user you may be asked to login as Administrator.
4) Turn Off Windows Firewall and Press “OK” Button.
Warning: Please Activate Microsoft Windows Firewall after installation is complete.
Step 2: Check Proxy Setting
1) Goto Control Panel.
Windows 7 : Click Start and then Select Cotrol Panel from Right Pane.
Windows 8 : Press Windows Key + Q and Type “Control” And Click on it.
2) In Control Panel Window Click on “Internet Options”.
3) Click On Connections Tab and then Choose LAN Setting.
4) Turn off “Use a proxy server for your LAN” if its already ON.
Step 3: Uninstall Previous Office Installation
1) Press “Win+R” button and Type “Control” followed by Enter key.
2) Open Program and Features from Control Panel .
3) Click on your Office installation
4) Press Uninstall and follow the steps.|
Step 3: Check System Integrity
1) Press Win + R
2) Type “cmd” and Press Enter.
3) Type “sfc /scannow” and press enter.
Step 3:Run Disk Cleanup Utility
1) Press Windows + R
2) Type “Cleanmgr” and Press Enter.
3) Select the OS Drive and Press OK.
4) Click on Clean up System Files
Step 4: Try the installation again.
In most case Office 2016 code 17031 should be resolved by now, if however the problem still persists please get your system checked by an expert.
If you still need any help , Chat with our Technical Support Team to resolve the issue.