This error can occur with the following versions of Microsoft Windows Operating System:
- Windows 8/8.1
- Windows 7
- Windows 10
- Windows Vista
- Windows Server Edition (2008/2012)
The error is found in following version of Microsoft Office
- Office 2010
- Office 2013
- Office 2016
- Office 365
How To Fix Office 2016 code 1706
Repair Difficulty : High
Step 1: Disable Windows Firewall
For Microsoft Windows 8
1) Press “Windows Key + R” and Type “Firewall.cpl” and Press Enter.
2) Windows 8 Firewall Window will Open.
3) Press “Turn Windows Firewall on or off”
Note: If you are logged in as Normal user you will be asked to login as Administrator.
4) Under “Home or Work Network Location Settings” And “Public Network Location Settings” Click On “Turn Off Windows Firewall”
Step 2: Proxy Issue
1) Goto Control Panel.
Windows 7 : Press Win Key and then Click On Cotrol Panel from Right Pane.
Microsoft Windows 8 : Press Windows key + R and type “Control” and Press Enter.
2) Open “Internet Options” In Control Panel .
3) Click On Connections Tab and then Choose LAN Setting.
4) Uncheck “Use a proxy server for your LAN” if its already ON.
Uninstall Old office Installation
1) Press “Win+R” button and Type “Control” followed by Enter key.
2) In Control Panel , Click on Program and Features..
3) Choose your Office installation
4) Select Uninstall and follow the onscreen steps.|
Step 3: Run System Scan
1) Press Windows + R
2) Type cmd and Press Enter.
3) Type “sfc /scannow” and press enter.
Note: If you are logged in as Normal user you may be asked to
Step 4: Try the installation again.
In most case Office 2016 code 1706 should be resolved by now, if however the problem still persists please get your system checked by an expert.
If you still need any help , Chat with our Technical Support Team to resolve the issue.