This error can occur with the following versions of Microsoft Windows Operating System:
- Windows 8/8.1
- Windows 7
- Windows 10
- Windows Vista
- Windows Server Edition (2008/2012)
The error is found in following version of MS Office
- Office 2010
- Office 2013
- Office 2016
- Office 365
How To Fix Office 2016 error 17029
Repair Difficulty : High
Step 1: Disable Windows Firewall
For Windows 8
1) Press Windows key + Q. A search box will come up on right hand side.
2) In Control Panel , type firewall in the search box and click on “Windows Firewall”.
3) Press “Turn Windows Firewall on or off”
Warning: If you are logged in as Normal user you will be asked to
4) Under “Home or Work Network Location Settings” And “Public Network Location Settings” Click On “Turn Off Windows Firewall”
Step 2: Proxy Setting
1) Open Control Panel.
Microsoft Windows 7 : Click Start and then Select Cotrol Panel from Right window.
Windows 8 : Press Windows key + R and type “Control” and Press Enter.
2) In Search Box Type Internet and Click on “Internet Options”.
3) Click On Connections Tab and then Click On LAN Setting.
4) Uncheck “Use a proxy server for your LAN” if its already ON.
Uninstall Old office Installation
1) Press Windows key + Q. A search box will come up on right pane.Type Control in the box and press Enter.
2) In Control Panel Window, Open Program and Features..
3) Select your Office Installation from the list
4) Select Uninstall and follow the onscreen instructions.|
Step 3: Repair System Files
1) Press Windows + R
2) Type “cmd” and Press Enter.
3) Type “sfc /scannow” and press enter.
Note: If you are logged in as Normal user you may be asked to login as Administrator.
Step 4: Try the installation again.
In most case Office 2016 error 17029 should be resolved by now, if however the problem still persists please get your system checked by an expert.
If you still need any help , Chat with our Technical Support Team to resolve the issue.