This error can occur with the following versions of Microsoft Windows Operating System:
- Windows 8/8.1
- Windows 7
- Windows 10
- Windows Vista
- Windows Server Edition (2008/2012)
The error is found in following version of MS Office
- Office 2010
- Office 2013
- Office 2016
- Office 365
How To Fix Office 2016 error 1706
Repair Difficulty : Medium
Step 1: Disable Microsoft Windows Firewall
For Windows 7 and later
1) Click Start Button and then Click on “Control Panel” icon.
2) In Control Panel Window, type firewall in the search box and click on “Windows Firewall”.
3) Tap On “Turn Windows Firewall on or off”
Warning: If you are logged in as Normal user you will be asked to enter Admin Password
4) Click “Turn off Windows Firewall (not recommended)” under each network location and then Click “OK”
Note: Please Activate Microsoft Windows Firewall after installation is complete.
Step 2: Repair Previous Office 365 Installation
1) Press Win+R button and Type “Control” followed by Enter key.
2) Open “Program and Features” from Control Panel .
3) Select your Office Installation from the list
4) Click on “Change” Button.
5) Select Repair and click Next.
Uninstall Old office Installation
1) Press Windows key + Q. A search box will come up on right hand side.Type Control in the box and press Enter.
2) In Control Panel , Click on “Program and Features”..
3) Choose your Office installation
4) Click on Uninstall and follow the steps.|
Step 3: Run System Scan
1) Press Win + R
2) Type “cmd” and Press Enter.
3) Type “sfc /scannow” and press enter.
Step 3:Check Sysytem Files For Error
1) Press Windows + R
2) Type “Cleanmgr” and Press Enter.
3) Select the OS Drive and Press OK.
4) Click on “Clean up System Files”
Step 4: Try the installation again.
In most case Office 2016 error 1706 should be resolved by now, if however the problem still persists please get your system checked by an expert.
If you still need any help , Chat with our Technical Support Team to resolve the issue.