This error can occur with the following versions of Microsoft Windows Operating System:
- Windows 8/8.1
- Windows 7
- Windows 10
- Windows Vista
- Windows Server Edition (2008/2012)
The error is found in following version of MS Office
- Office 2007
- Office 2013
- Office 2016
- Office 365
How To Fix Office 2016 error 194
Repair Difficulty : High
Step 1: Disable Microsoft Windows Firewall
For Microsoft Windows 7 and later
1) Press “Windows Key + R” and Type “Firewall.cpl” and Press Enter.
2) Microsoft Windows Firewall Window will Open.
3) Tap On “Turn Windows Firewall on or off”
Note: You will need Administrator rights to enable or disable firewall.
4) Under “Home or Work Network Location Settings” And “Public Network Location Settings” Click On “Turn Off Windows Firewall”
Note: You can activate Windows Firewall after repair is complete.
Step 2: Proxy Issue
1) Goto Control Panel.
Microsoft Windows 7 : Press Win Key and then Click On Cotrol Panel from Right window.
Microsoft Windows 8 : Press Windows key + R and type “Control” and Press Enter.
2) In Search Box Type Internet and Click on “Internet Options”.
3) Select Connections Tab and then Press LAN Setting.
4) Turn off “Use a proxy server for your LAN” if its already ON.
Step 3: Temporarily Disable Antivirus
– Open Your Antivrus
– Disable it till the office installtion is going on. Check antivirus vendor website for more details.
1) Press Win Button and Type Control Panel and Press Enter.
2) In Control Panel , type “Program” in the search box and click on Program and Features..
3) Click on your Office installation
4) Press Uninstall and follow the onscreen instructions.|
Step 3: Check System Integrity
1) Press Win + R
2) Type cmd and Press Enter.
3) Type “sfc /scannow” and press enter.
Step 3:Disk Cleanup
1) Press Win + R
2) Type Cleanmgr and Press Enter.
3) Select the OS Partition and Press OK.
4) Finally Click on Clean up System Files
Step 4: Try the installation again.
In most case Office 2016 error 194 should be resolved by now, if however the problem still persists please get your system checked by an expert.
If you still need any help , Chat with our Technical Support Team to resolve the issue.