This error can occur with the following versions of Microsoft Windows Operating System:
- Windows 8/8.1
- Windows 7
- Windows 10
- Windows Vista
- Windows Server Edition (2008/2012)
The error is found in following version of MS Office
- Office 2007
- Office 2013
- Office 2016
- Office 365
How To Fix Office 2016 error 905
Repair Difficulty : Low
Step 1: Disable Microsoft Windows Firewall
For Windows 7 and later
1) Press “Windows Key + R” and Type “Firewall.cpl” and Press Enter.
2) Microsoft Windows Firewall Window will Open.
3) Tap On “Turn Windows Firewall on or off”
Warning: If you are logged in as Normal user you will be asked to
4) Finally Click on “Turn off Windows Firewall (not recommended)” under each of the active network connections.
Note: Please Activate Microsoft Windows Firewall after installation is complete.
Step 2: Repair Previous Office 2013 Installation
1) Press “Win+R” button and Type “Control” followed by Enter key.
2) In Control Panel Window, type “Program” in the search box and click on “Program and Features”..
3) Type “Office” in the Search box and select your office installation.
4) Click on “Change” Button.
5) Select Repair and click Next.
Uninstall Office Installation
1) Press Windows key + Q. A search box will show up on right hand side.Type Control in the box and press Enter.
2) In Control Panel , type “Program” in the search box and click on “Program and Features”..
3) Choose your Office installation
4) Press Uninstall and follow the onscreen steps.|
Step 3: Run System Scan
1) Press Windows + R
2) Type “cmd” and Press Enter.
3) Type “sfc /scannow” and press enter.
Note: If you are logged in as Guest user you will be asked to
Step 4: Try the installation again.
In most case Office 2016 error 905 should be resolved by now, if however the problem still persists please get your system checked by an expert.
If you still need any help , Chat with our Technical Support Team to resolve the issue.