This error can occur with the following versions of Microsoft Windows Operating System:
- Windows 8/8.1
- Windows 7
- Windows 10
- Windows Vista
- Windows Server Edition (2008/2012)
The error is found in following version of Microsoft Office
- Office 2010
- Office 2013
- Office 2016
- Office 365
How To Fix Office 2016 error code 17029
Repair Difficulty : Medium
Step 1: Disable Microsoft Windows Firewall
For Windows 8
1) Press “Win + R” and Type “Firewall.cpl” and Press Enter.
2) Windows 8 Firewall Window will Open.
3) Click On “Turn Windows Firewall on or off”
Warning: If you are logged in as Normal user you may be asked to enter Admin Password
4) Under “Home or Work Network Location Settings” And “Public Network Location Settings” Click On “Turn Off Windows Firewall”
Step 2: Repair Previous Office 2013 Installation
1) Press Windows Button and Type Control Panel and Press Enter.
2) In Control Panel Window, type “Program” in the search box and click on Program and Features..
3) Type “Office” in the Search box and select your office installation.
4) Click on “Change” Button.
5) Select Repair and click Next.
Uninstall Office Installation
1) Press Win+R button and Type “Control” followed by Enter key.
2) In Control Panel Window, type “Program” in the search box and click on “Program and Features”..
3) Choose your Office installation
4) Click on Uninstall and follow the onscreen steps.|
Step 3: Check System Integrity
1) Press Windows + R
2) Type “cmd” and Press Enter.
3) Type “sfc /scannow” and press enter.
Note: You will need Administrator previlage to run the command.
Step 4: Try the installation again.
In most case Office 2016 error code 17029 should be resolved by now, if however the problem still persists please get your system checked by an expert.
If you still need any help , Chat with our Technical Support Team to resolve the issue.