This error can occur with the following versions of Microsoft Windows Operating System:
- Windows 8/8.1
- Windows 7
- Windows 10
- Windows Vista
- Windows Server Edition (2008/2012)
The error is found in following version of MS Office
- Office 2010
- Office 2013
- Office 2016
- Office 365
How To Fix Office 2016 error code 17031
Repair Difficulty : Medium
Step 1: Disable Firewall
For Windows 8
1) Press Win+R button and Type “Control” followed by Enter key.
2) In Control Panel Window, Open Windows Firewall.
3) Click On “Turn Windows Firewall on or off”
Warning: If you are logged in as Guest user you may be asked to
4) Under “Home or Work Network Location Settings” And “Public Network Location Settings” Click On “Turn Off Windows Firewall”
Step 2: Repair Previous Office 2013 Installation
1) Press Win key + Q. A search box will show up on right hand side.Type Control in the box and press Enter.
2) Open “Program and Features” from Control Panel Window.
3) Select your Office Installation from the list
4) Click on “Change” Button.
5) Select Repair and click Next.
Step 3: Temporarily Disable Antivirus
– Open Your Antivrus
– Disable it till the office installtion is going on. Check manufacturer website for more details.
1) Press Windows Button and Type “Control Panel” and Press Enter.
2) In Control Panel Window, type “Program” in the search box and click on “Program and Features”..
3) Type “Office” in the Search box and select your office installation.
4) Click on Uninstall and follow the onscreen instructions.|
Step 3: Run System Scan
1) Press Windows + R
2) Type “cmd” and Press Enter.
3) Type “sfc /scannow” and press enter.
Step 3:Run Disk Cleanup Utility
1) Press Windows + R
2) Type Cleanmgr and Press Enter.
3) Select the OS Drive and Press OK.
4) Click on Clean up System Files
Step 4: Try the installation again.
In most case Office 2016 error code 17031 should be resolved by now, if however the problem still persists please get your system checked by an expert.
If you still need any help , Chat with our Technical Support Team to resolve the issue.