This error can occur with the following versions of Microsoft Windows Operating System:
- Windows 8/8.1
- Windows 7
- Windows 10
- Windows Vista
- Windows Server Edition (2008/2012)
The error is found in following version of Microsoft Office
- Office 2007
- Office 2013
- Office 2016
- Office 365
How To Fix Office 365 code 17031
Repair Difficulty : Low
Step 1: Disable Firewall
For Windows 7 and later
1) Press “Win + R” and Type “Firewall.cpl” and Press Enter.
2) Windows Firewall Window will Open.
3) Click On “Turn Windows Firewall on or off”
Warning: If you are logged in as Guest user you may be asked to enter Admin Password
4) Turn Off Windows Firewall and Press “OK” Button.
Note: You can activate Microsoft Windows Firewall after repair is complete.
Step 2: Repair Office 365 Installation
1) Press Windows key + Q. A search box will show up on right hand side.Type Control in the box and press Enter.
2) In Control Panel , type “Program” in the search box and click on “Program and Features”..
3) Choose your Office installation
4) Click on “Change” and Select “Repair” from the options and follow onscreen instructions.
Step 3: Temporarily Disable Antivirus
– Open Your Antivrus
– Disable it till the office installtion is going on. Check antivirus vendor website for more details.
1) Press Windows key + Q. A search box will show up on right pane.Type Control in the box and press Enter.
2) Open Program and Features from Control Panel .
3) Type “Office” in the Search box and select your office installation.
4) Select Uninstall and follow the instructions.|
Step 3: Run System Scan
1) Press Win + R
2) Type “cmd” and Press Enter.
3) Type “sfc /scannow” and press enter.
Note: If you are logged in as Guest user you will be asked to login as Administrator.
Step 4: Try the installation again.
In most case Office 365 code 17031 should be resolved by now, if however the problem still persists please get your system checked by an expert.
If you still need any help , Chat with our Technical Support Team to resolve the issue.