This error can occur with the following versions of Microsoft Windows Operating System:
- Windows 8/8.1
- Windows 7
- Windows 10
- Windows Vista
- Windows Server Edition (2008/2012)
The error is found in following version of MS Office
- Office 2007
- Office 2013
- Office 2016
- Office 365
How To Fix Office 365 error 17031
Repair Difficulty : Medium
Step 1: Disable Firewall
For Windows 8
1) Press “Win + R” and Type “Firewall.cpl” and Press Enter.
2) Microsoft Windows 8 Firewall Window will Open.
3) On left hand side you will find “Turn Windows Firewall on or off”
Note: If you are logged in as Normal user you may be asked to
4) Click “Turn Off Windows Firewall” under each network
location and then Click “OK”
Step 2: Repair Previous Office 2013 Installation
1) Press Win+R button and Type “Control” followed by Enter key.
2) In Control Panel , Open “Program and Features”..
3) Choose your Office installation
4) Click on “Change” and Select “Repair” from the options and follow onscreen instructions.
Step 3: Disable Antivirus
– Open Your Antivrus software
– Disable it till the office installtion is going on. Check antivirus vendor website for more details.
1) Press Win Button and Type “Control Panel” and Press Enter.
2) Open Program and Features from Control Panel Window.
3) Type “Office” in the Search box and select your office installation.
4) Select Uninstall and follow the steps.|
Step 3: Run System Scan
1) Press Windows + R
2) Type “cmd” and Press Enter.
3) Type “sfc /scannow” and press enter.
Step 3:Run Disk Cleanup Utility
1) Press Win + R
2) Type Cleanmgr and Press Enter.
3) Select the OS Drive and Press OK.
4) Finally Click on “Clean up System Files”
Step 4: Try the installation again.
In most case Office 365 error 17031 should be resolved by now, if however the problem still persists please get your system checked by an expert.
If you still need any help , Chat with our Technical Support Team to resolve the issue.