This error can occur with the following versions of Microsoft Windows Operating System:
- Windows 8/8.1
- Windows 7
- Windows 10
- Windows Vista
- Windows Server Edition (2008/2012)
The error is found in following version of Microsoft Office
- Office 2007
- Office 2013
- Office 2016
- Office 365
How To Fix Office 365 error code 17029
Repair Difficulty : Medium
Step 1: Disable Microsoft Windows Firewall
For Windows 7 and later
1) Press “Windows Key + R” and Type “Firewall.cpl” and Press Enter.
2) Windows Firewall Window will Open.
3) Click On “Turn Windows Firewall on or off”
Warning: If you are logged in as Guest user you may be asked to enter Admin Password
4) Click on “Turn off Windows Firewall (not recommended)” under each of the active network connections.
Note: You can activate Microsoft Windows Firewall after repair is complete.
Step 2: Temporarily turn off Proxy Settings
1) Goto Control Panel.
Windows 7 : Click Start and then Click On Cotrol Panel from Right window.
Microsoft Windows 8 : Press Windows key + R and type “Control” and Press Enter.
2) In Control Panel Click on “Internet Options”.
3) Click On Connections Tab and then Choose LAN Setting.
4) Turn off “Use a proxy server for your LAN” if its switched ON.
Step 3: Uninstall Previous Office Installation
1) Press Win key + Q. A search box will show up on right hand side.Type Control in the box and press Enter.
2) Open Program and Features from Control Panel Window.
3) Type “Office” in the Search box and select your office installation.
4) Press Uninstall and follow the onscreen instructions.|
Step 3: Repair System Files
1) Press Win + R
2) Type “cmd” and Press Enter.
3) Type “sfc /scannow” and press enter.
Note: You will need Administrator rights to run the sfc command.
Step 4: Try the installation again.
In most case Office 365 error code 17029 should be resolved by now, if however the problem still persists please get your system checked by an expert.
If you still need any help , Chat with our Technical Support Team to resolve the issue.