This error can occur with the following versions of Microsoft Windows Operating System:
- Windows 8/8.1
- Windows 7
- Windows 10
- Windows Vista
- Windows Server Edition (2008/2012)
The error is found in following version of MS Office
- Office 2010
- Office 2013
- Office 2016
- Office 365
How To Fix Office 365 error code 17031
Repair Difficulty : Medium
Step 1: Disable Firewall
For Microsoft Windows 7 and later
1) Click Start Button and then Tap on Control Panel .
2) In Control Panel Window, type firewall in the search box and click on “Windows Firewall”.
3) Tap On “Turn Windows Firewall on or off”
Note: If you are logged in as Normal user you will be asked to login as Administrator.
4) Finally Click on “Turn off Windows Firewall (not recommended)” under each of the active network connections.
Note: You can activate Microsoft Windows Firewall after repair is complete.
Step 2: Proxy Issue
1) Goto Control Panel.
Microsoft Windows 7 : Click Start and then Click On Cotrol Panel from Right window.
Windows 8 : Press Windows key + R and type “Control” and Press Enter.
2) In Control Panel Window Click on “Internet Options”.
3) Select Connections Tab and then Click On LAN Setting.
4) Turn off “Use a proxy server for your LAN” if its already ON.
Step 3: Temporarily Disable Antivirus
– Open Your Antivrus
– Disable it till the office repair is going on. Check antivirus manufacturer website for more details.
1) Press Win Button and Type “Control Panel” and Press Enter.
2) In Control Panel Window, type “Program” in the search box and click on “Program and Features”..
3) Choose your Office installation
4) Select Uninstall and follow the onscreen instructions.|
Step 3: Check System Integrity
1) Press Windows + R
2) Type “cmd” and Press Enter.
3) Type “sfc /scannow” and press enter.
Note: If you are logged in as Guest user you will be asked to enter Admin Password
Step 4: Try the installation again.
In most case Office 365 error code 17031 should be resolved by now, if however the problem still persists please get your system checked by an expert.
If you still need any help , Chat with our Technical Support Team to resolve the issue.