This error can occur with the following versions of Microsoft Windows Operating System:
- Windows 8/8.1
- Windows 7
- Windows 10
- Windows Vista
- Windows Server Edition (2008/2012)
The error is found in following version of MS Office
- Office 2007
- Office 2013
- Office 2016
- Office 365
How To Fix Office 365 error code 1706
Repair Difficulty : Medium
Step 1: Disable Firewall
For Windows 7 and later
1) Open Control Panel Window (Click Start and press “Control Panel” Button on Right Side)
2) In Control Panel Window, type firewall in the search box and click on “Windows Firewall”.
3) Click On “Turn Windows Firewall on or off”
Warning: If you are logged in as Guest user you will be asked to
4) Turn Off Windows Firewall and Press “OK” Button.
Note: You can activate Windows Firewall after repair is complete.
Step 2: Check Proxy Setting
1) Open Control Panel.
Microsoft Windows 7 : Click Start and then Select Cotrol Panel from Right window.
Windows 8 : Press Windows Key + Q and Type “Control” And Click on it.
2) In Search Box Type Internet and Click on “Internet Options”.
3) Click On Connections Tab and then Press LAN Setting.
4) Uncheck “Use a proxy server for your LAN” if its switched ON.
Uninstall Old office Installation
1) Press Windows Button and Type Control Panel and Press Enter.
2) Open “Program and Features” from Control Panel .
3) Click on your Office installation
4) Select Uninstall and follow the onscreen steps.|
Step 3: Repair System Files
1) Press Win + R
2) Type “cmd” and Press Enter.
3) Type “sfc /scannow” and press enter.
Note: You will need Admin previlage to run the sfc command.
Step 4: Try the installation again.
In most case Office 365 error code 1706 should be resolved by now, if however the problem still persists please get your system checked by an expert.
If you still need any help , Chat with our Technical Support Team to resolve the issue.