This error can occur with the following versions of Microsoft Windows Operating System:
- Windows 8/8.1
- Windows 7
- Windows 10
- Windows Vista
- Windows Server Edition (2008/2012)
The error is found in following version of MS Office
- Office 2010
- Office 2013
- Office 2016
- Office 365
How To Fix Office code 1706
Repair Difficulty : High
Step 1: Disable Windows Firewall
For Microsoft Windows 8
1) Press “Win + R” and Type “Firewall.cpl” and Press Enter.
2) Windows 8 Firewall Window will Open.
3) Click On “Turn Windows Firewall on or off”
Note: If you are logged in as Normal user you may be asked to
Off Windows Firewall and Press “OK” Button.
Step 2: Proxy Issue
1) Goto Control Panel.
Microsoft Windows 7 : Press Win Key and then Click On Cotrol Panel from Right Pane.
Microsoft Windows 8 : Press Windows Key + Q and Type “Control” And Click on it.
2) In Search Box Type Internet and Click on “Internet Options”.
3) Click On Connections Tab and then Click On LAN Setting.
4) Uncheck “Use a proxy server for your LAN” if its switched ON.
Step 3: Uninstall Previous Office Installation
1) Press Win+R button and Type “Control” followed by Enter key.
2) In Control Panel Window, Click on “Program and Features”..
3) Select your Office Installation from the list
4) Select Uninstall and follow the instructions.|
Step 3: Run System Scan
1) Press Windows + R
2) Type “cmd” and Press Enter.
3) Type “sfc /scannow” and press enter.
Note: If you are logged in as Guest user you will be asked to enter Admin Password
Step 4: Try the installation again.
In most case Office code 1706 should be resolved by now, if however the problem still persists please get your system checked by an expert.
If you still need any help , Chat with our Technical Support Team to resolve the issue.