This error can occur with the following versions of Microsoft Windows Operating System:
- Windows 8/8.1
- Windows 7
- Windows 10
- Windows Vista
- Windows Server Edition (2008/2012)
The error is found in following version of Microsoft Office
- Office 2010
- Office 2013
- Office 2016
- Office 365
How To Fix Office error 1706
Repair Difficulty : Low
Step 1: Disable Firewall
For Windows 8
1) Press Win Button and Type Control Panel and Press Enter.
2) In Control Panel , type firewall in the search box and click on “Windows Firewall”.
3) On left pane you will find “Turn Windows Firewall on or off”
Warning: You will need Admin privileges to disable firewall.
4) Click on “Turn off Windows Firewall (not recommended)” under each of the active network connections.
Step 2: Proxy Issue
1) Open Control Panel.
Windows 7 : Press Win Key and then Select Cotrol Panel from Right window.
Microsoft Windows 8 : Press Windows Key + Q and Type “Control” And Click on it.
2) In Control Panel Window Click on “Internet Options”.
3) Click On Connections Tab and then Press LAN Setting.
4) Uncheck “Use a proxy server for your LAN” if its already ON.
Step 3: Disable Antivirus
– Open Your Antivrus
– Disable it till the office repair is going on. Check vendor website for more details.
1) Press Windows Button and Type Control Panel and Press Enter.
2) In Control Panel , Open “Program and Features”..
3) Click on your Office installation
4) Press Uninstall and follow the instructions.|
Step 3: Run System Scan
1) Press Windows + R
2) Type cmd and Press Enter.
3) Type “sfc /scannow” and press enter.
Note: You will need Administrator previlage to run the sfc command.
Step 4: Try the installation again.
In most case Office error 1706 should be resolved by now, if however the problem still persists please get your system checked by an expert.
If you still need any help , Chat with our Technical Support Team to resolve the issue.