This error can occur with the following versions of Microsoft Windows Operating System:
- Windows 8/8.1
- Windows 7
- Windows 10
- Windows Vista
- Windows Server Edition (2008/2012)
The error is found in following version of MS Office
- Office 2010
- Office 2013
- Office 2016
- Office 365
How To Fix Office error 905
Repair Difficulty : Medium
Step 1: Disable Microsoft Windows Firewall
For Windows 8
1) Press “Windows Key + R” and Type “Firewall.cpl” and Press Enter.
2) Microsoft Windows 8 Firewall Window will Open.
3) Press “Turn Windows Firewall on or off”
Note: You will need Administrator privileges to disable firewall.
Off Windows Firewall and Press “OK” Button.
Step 2: Temporarily turn off Proxy Settings
1) Open Control Panel.
Windows 7 : Click Start and then Click On Cotrol Panel from Right Pane.
Windows 8 : Press Windows Key + Q and Type “Control” And Click on it.
2) Click On “Internet Options” In Control Panel .
3) Click On Connections Tab and then Click On LAN Setting.
4) Uncheck “Use a proxy server for your LAN” if its switched ON.
Uninstall Office Installation
1) Press Windows Button and Type “Control Panel” and Press Enter.
2) In Control Panel , type “Program” in the search box and click on “Program and Features”..
3) Click on your Office installation
4) Press Uninstall and follow the instructions.|
Step 3: Check System Integrity
1) Press Win + R
2) Type “cmd” and Press Enter.
3) Type “sfc /scannow” and press enter.
Note: If you are logged in as Guest user you may be asked to login as Administrator.
Step 4: Try the installation again.
In most case Office error 905 should be resolved by now, if however the problem still persists please get your system checked by an expert.
If you still need any help , Chat with our Technical Support Team to resolve the issue.