This error can occur with the following versions of Microsoft Windows Operating System:
- Windows 8/8.1
- Windows 7
- Windows 10
- Windows Vista
- Windows Server Edition (2008/2012)
The error is found in following version of Microsoft Office
- Office 2007
- Office 2013
- Office 2016
- Office 365
How To Fix Office error code 17029
Repair Difficulty : High
Step 1: Disable Microsoft Windows Firewall
For Windows 7 and later
1) Click Start Button and in search box type Control Panel and Click on it.
2) Open “Windows Firewall” from Control Panel .
3) Press “Turn Windows Firewall on or off”
Note: You will need Admin privilege to enable or disable Windows firewall.
4) Under “Home or Work Network Location Settings” And “Public Network Location Settings” Click On “Turn Off Windows Firewall”
Warning: Please Activate Windows Firewall after installation is complete.
Step 2: Repair Office 365 Installation
1) Press Windows Button and Type Control Panel and Press Enter.
2) Open “Program and Features” from Control Panel .
3) Choose your Office installation
4) Click on “Change” and Select “Repair” from the options and follow onscreen instructions.
Step 3: Disable Antivirus
– Open Your Antivrus software
– Disable it till the office repair is going on. Check vendor website for more details.
1) Press Win Button and Type Control Panel and Press Enter.
2) In Control Panel , type “Program” in the search box and click on Program and Features..
3) Type “Office” in the Search box and select your office installation.
4) Select Uninstall and follow the onscreen steps.|
Step 3: Repair System Files
1) Press Windows + R
2) Type cmd and Press Enter.
3) Type “sfc /scannow” and press enter.
Note: You will need Administrator previlage to run the command.
Step 4: Try the installation again.
In most case Office error code 17029 should be resolved by now, if however the problem still persists please get your system checked by an expert.
If you still need any help , Chat with our Technical Support Team to resolve the issue.